- "I'll bet that's Mario. Fashionably late, per the norm."
Mario is the main protagonist of the Super Mario games, along with a few Donkey Kong games. He has also done a brief stint as the villain and main antagonist of the game, Donkey Kong Jr. He is also the mascot for Nintendo in general, and has appeared in some shape or form for over 30 years on games for all of the Nintendo consoles. Although he does not appear in the movie, he is mentioned by Fix-It Felix, Jr. at his 30th anniversary party when he hears somebody at the door. His biggest enemy Bowser does appear in the movie. The Super Mushroom also appears in Tapper's lost-and-found box.
- Mario along with his brother Luigi do not appear in the first movie because the writers genuinely couldn't think of a suitable way to incorporate them.
- John C. Reilly joked that the Mario Bros. do not appear because Nintendo stated a high fee to legally add them to the movie.
- There was discussion after the original film came out regarding the idea of Mario (along with Luigi) appearing in the sequel, but he was ultimately not included in Ralph Breaks the Internet.
- Mario is possibly the inspiration for the character Fix-It Felix, Jr. As can be observed from their designs, they both wear caps with the first letter of their names on it, have short brown hair, wear brown boots, and have a big round nose.
- The Question Blocks appear in Ralph Breaks the Internet.
|Interview after first movie||Interview at D23 2015|
- ↑ https://www.wired.com/2012/10/interview-with-rich-moore-and-clark-spencer-the-director-and-producer-of-wreck-it-ralph/
- Mario on Mario Wiki
Disney: Tiny the T-Rex | Vladimir from Tangled | Mickey Mouse