Minty Zaki is a character from the game Sugar Rush. Her candy theme is mints and candied apples, and her signature kart is the Veloci-Wrapper. On the online adaptation of Sugar Rush, she, Snowanna Rainbeau, Crumbelina DiCaramello, and Candlehead are available at the start as racers.
Minty Zaki: Ice Cream With a Surprise
"Minty Zaki, the queen of the ice cream set in jewel, always has an ace up her tasty sleeve, especially when it comes to racing. Refreshing and full of resources, Minty Zaki is a defender of good causes, but for the wrong reasons."
Minty is a young girl with light brown skin, deep brown eyes, a pinkish nose, and rosy cheeks. She has short green hair with side-swept bangs, with a yellow hairband topped with a light green candy-wrapper bow. She wears a white shirt with yellow bottom and red, blue, and yellow dots under a green jacket with yellow accents and frilled sleeves with a candy-wrapper skirt and green leggings. She also has green and yellow patterned legwarmers and black boots. For racing, she wears a green helmet with a golden candy-wrapper bow and a green visor.
- Minty's original name was Emmareld.
- Her name is based on Japanese animator, Hayao Miyazaki.
- Minty is the racer with the most recolors: Torvald Batterbutter, and Sticky Wipplesnit.
- She has a Japanese remodel, Minty Sakura.
- Her plush is green apple scented.
- Her fans are small, multi-colored anthropomorphic gumdrops.
- In the film, her kart has no side view mirrors, but in the toy form, it does.
- Her racing kart is supposed to represent a Formula Ford.
- Minty seems to be overly dramatic when she's frightened because on two occasions she leaps high into the air and gives an ear-piercing scream.
- Minty must be talented at doing flips, because she was seen doing one while she and her friends were destroying Vanellope's Likkity Split and in her winning animation.
- The flip could be a reference to Mario (Super Mario 64 flips).
- The Veloci-Wrapper has the best speed on the online adaption of Sugar Rush Speedway along with the Kernel.
- It seems that she, Adorabeezle Winterpop, Snowanna Rainbeau, and Jubileena Bing-Bing are close friends.
- In the Big Golden Book, she seems to replace Candlehead.
- Even though her eyes are brown, in the online version you can see that her eyes are blue.
- At Felix and Calhoun's wedding, Minty and the other racers are just barely seen in the back row.
- She and Crumbelina DiCaramello are the only main racers that don't get disqualified in the Random Roster Race.
- In One Sweet Race Candlehead was called Minty in the book, but Minty was still visible on some pages.
- She seems to be one of the only, if not the only, racer who doesn't cry about being executed.
- Besides the online adaption, Minty doesn't have any known official stats. However, her Veloci-Wrapper would've mostly likely had more speed than handling.
- A face character of Minty was introduced in 2016 along with other Sugar Rush Racers as part of Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade, acting as baton twirlers ahead of Vanellope's float.
- Minty Zaki is the only Sugar Rush racer not to be a playable character in Disney Crossy Road. However Minty Sakura is.
Wreck-It Ralph Wiki has a gallery for Minty Zaki
Names in Other Languages
|From "نعناع" (mint)|
|Bulgarian||Менти Заки||From "мента" (mint)|
|Chinese||薄荷糖果咲 (Mandarin) / 薄荷茶器 (Taiwanese)
Bòhé Tángguǒ Xiào / Bòhé cháqì
|From "薄荷" (mint) and "糖果" (candy/sweet)/ From "薄荷" (mint) and "茶器" (tea)|
|Dutch||Minti Snoepie||"Minti" came from original "Minty" and "snoepie" came from "snoep" (candy)|
|Estonian||Pipa Minta||From "pipar mint" (pepper mint)|
|Finnish||Minttu Pastillii||From "minttu" and "pastillii" (pastille)|
|French||Suzette Alanis||Probably from "sucette" (lollipop)|
|From the original "Minty Zaki"|
|Hungarian||Mentás Pufi||From "menta" (mint) and "pufi" (puffy)|
|Icelandic||Minta Pilla||From "minta" (mint) and "pilla" (pills)|
|From English name;|
|From English name.|
|Latvian||Mētra Piparitē||From "mētra" (mint) and "pipare" (pepper) or just from "piparmētra" (pepper-mint)|
|Polish||Bato Nugat||From "baton" (bar) and "nugat" (nougat)|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Menta Zaki||"Menta" (mint)|
|Romanian||Mentolata Zaki||From "mentă" (mint)|
|Russian||Шоко Мокко||"Шоко" stands for "Шоколад" (chocolate), "Мокко" means "Mocha" (caffè)|
|Ukrainian||Менто Лакріс||From "Ментол" (menthol)|
- While Minty Sakura replaced Zaki in many scenes of the Japanese film, Zaki's name is still present in the movie's subtitles and the Japanese Disney Store sold Minty Zaki plush dolls instead of Minty Sakura ones.