- "If you leave your game, stay safe, stay alert, and whatever you do, don't die! Because if you die outside your own game, you don't regenerate. Ever! Game over."
- ―Sonic's PSA message
Sonic the Hedgehog is the protagonist of the Sonic the Hedgehog video game series and the official mascot of SEGA. He makes appearances in Wreck-It Ralph, and was heavily featured in promotional items prior to the film's release. Sonic is featured in Public Service Announcements aired around the Game Central Station, where he reminds the crowd to stay safe when outside of their own game. This is because characters that die elsewhere do not regenerate, as a result of being alien to the programming codes, but not only that, he also reminds the crowd the possible dangers of entering neighbor games. During his free time, Sonic is seen loitering around the hub frequently and is also known to be around other games such as Fix-It Felix, Jr. during the 30th anniversary party. Sonic is a large cream and dark blue hedgehog with large green eyes, and a black nose. He wears white gloves and red shoes with a horizontal white streak.
Sonic the Hedgehog: Still Saving The World
"When this hero who moves at the speed of sound is not busy saving the world in his own video game series, Sonic the Hedgehog slows down to make public service announcements reminding his arcade game colleagues to stay safe — especially when outside their own games."
List of Appearances
- "It's actually pronounced, "Wi-Fi", Ralph. (...) And Wi-Fi is the Internet, which is an online community where human beings go to shop, and play games, and socialize." — Sonic about Wi-Fi in Ralph Breaks the Internet
- You do, and you don't? Duality. That's really deep, Ralph." — Sonic to Ralph at the Book Club in Ralph Breaks the Internet
- Sonic's pose on the promotional poster looks very similar to his pose from the game Sonic 2006.
- Sonic 06 was the infamous game where Sonic himself died (but only for a while) at the hands of Mephiles. This might be one of the reasons why he voices the announcement.
- His announcements also reference the old cartoon Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, where Sonic would offer advice to the audience at the end of each episode as Sonic Says segments, commonly known as "Sonic Sez".
- During the end credits, Sonic is fighting Dr. Eggman in the Flame Mobile from Sonic 3, yet the stage, Chemical Plant Zone, is from Sonic 2.
- As a major cameo character, he appears to have many different roles or jobs in the movie.
- As a fellow hero, Sonic also seems to be a good friend of Fix-It Felix as referenced by his cameos in the movie. Sonic first attends Felix's 30th Anniversary party where he can be seen conversing with the Nicelanders. Sonic is then later shown at Felix and Calhoun's wedding where he is seated in the aisle seat of the second row with the rest of the Nicelanders, which suggests Felix reserved the seat for him.
- Sonic returns in Ralph Breaks the Internet and his voice actor reprises his role. In this new appearance, he explains to Ralph and Vanellope what Wi-Fi is. He later appears in the Book Club.
- Sonic the Hedgehog on Sonic Wiki
Disney: Tiny the T-Rex | Vladimir from Tangled | Mickey Mouse