Swizzle Malarkey (nicknamed The Swizz) is a character within the game Sugar Rush. His theme is mainly unicorn pops and other various lollipops, and his signature kart is the Tongue Twister. On the online adaptation of Sugar Rush, both he and Gloyd Orangeboar are unlocked by completing the second track, Cakeway.
Swizzle "The Swizz" Malarkey: The Spice of Sugar Rush
"Lover of adrenaline, Swizzle "The Swizz" Malarkey thinks that life must be lived to the last breath. There is nothing he can't defy, no stunt he can't perform or individual he can't beat. His racing is fast and elegant, just like his philosophy of life."
Swizzle Malarkey has deep tawny skin, brown eyes, and dark green wavy hair that falls onto his shoulders. Swizzle wears a beanie that resembles a Unicorn Pop, striped blue and green with accents of red. His blazer is a reflective bright blue with white accents, and his matching pants are striped with indigo. The bottoms are cuffed, and he wears green boots. Beneath his jacket he wears a yellow striped shirt. For racing he wears a helmet just like his hat, but with a green visor.
- Swizzle was originallly named Merfus.
- His last name was likely used from S.S. Malarkey from Theodore Tugboat.
- His plush is blueberry scented.
- His fans are colorful anthropomorphic hard candies that resemble Jolly Ranchers.
- It's implied Swizzle did some of the graffiti in Game Central Station; he signed his name in the entrance to Sugar Rush. However, the L and E at the end of his name were later crossed out and 'The' added above it, turning it into 'The Swizz'.
- Swizzle was hit by a green gumball during the Random Roster Race, disqualifying him.
- The Tongue Twister has the best handling along with the Tira-Missile out of all the karts in the Sugar Rush online game.
- Even though Swizzle's theme is unicorn pop and lollipops that are the colors of the rainbow, his main colors seem to be green and blue. The rainbow pattern appears only on his kart.
- He is prominently shown flashing a smile to Sticky Wipplesnit before paying to enter the Random Roster Race.
- Out of the three boys, Swizzle and Gloyd are the only ones who don't have speaking lines.
- In both the Dutch dub and Russian dub of the movie he is given a feminine name.
- He is available as a playable character in Disney Crossy Road.
Wreck-It Ralph Wiki has a gallery for Swizzle "The Swizz" Malarkey
Names in Other Languages
|Bulgarian||Бонболино Маларкй/ Лужорана Мениеглуп||From "бонбон" (candy) and "Маларкй" (came from original "Malarkey")/ None|
Chī wèi qiào chīguò
|"Tasty and preety to eat"|
|Croatian||Glazina Svilenac||From "glazura" (glaze) and "silv" (silk) or "svilen" (flossy)|
|Danish||Svizzel Sluddersnak||"Svizzel" came from original "Swizzle"|
|Dutch||Savanna Soethekauw||"Soethekauw" means Sweettooth|
|Estonian||Kansik Martsipan||From "Kansi" (Filipino fish dish) and "martsipan" (marzipan)|
|Finnish||Sirkku Makunnen||From "makea" (sweet) or "makeus" (sweetness) or "makeasti" (sweetly)|
|French||Bienaimé Malarkey||From "bien-aimé" (well loved)|
|From English name|
|Hungarian||Mese Habbal||From "habbal" (foam)|
|Icelandic||Svissi Kúlusúkk||From "sviss" (Switzerland) and "kúlusúkk" (Icelandic chocolate drops)|
|From English name|
|Latvian||Laimis Razbainieks||From "Laima" (latvian chocolate confectionary)|
|Polish||Bakława Legumino||From "Bakalva" (turkish pastry dessert) and "legumina" (dessert/sweet)|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Swizzle "A Suíça" Caramelada||"A Suíça" (the swizz) and "caramelada" (caramelized)|
|Romanian||Cioco Glazurata||From "ciocolată" (chocolate) and "glazură" (glaze/icing)|
|Russian||Бетти Шарветти||From transliteration "Betty" (stands for "Betty Crocker" confectionery company) and "шербет" (sorbet/sorvet)|
|Slovak||Cucalka Tyéková||From "cukor" (sugar) and "tyková" (teak)|
|Slovenian||Biga Trapariè||From "Biga" (italian pre-fermetation baking)|
|Swedish||Sackarina Snicksnack||From "sacka" (sucrose) and "snak" (transliteration for "snack")|
|Ukrainian||Фрутті Цукатті||From "фрукти" (fruit) and "цукати" (candied fruits)|
Racers: Adorabeezle Winterpop | Candlehead | Citrusella Flugpucker | Crumbelina DiCaramello | Gloyd Orangeboar | Jubileena Bing-Bing | Minty Zaki | Nougetsia Brumblestain | Rancis Fluggerbutter | Snowanna Rainbeau | Sticky Wipplesnit | Swizzle "The Swizz" Malarkey | Taffyta Muttonfudge | Torvald Batterbutter | Vanellope von Schweetz